77G Customs Bond Store
SEQH house a fully licenced, 77G customs bond store 10 minutes from the Port of Brisbane.
What is a 77G Bond Store license?
This is a licensed depot where importers can move goods to, away from the Port of Brisbane wharf or airport for short/long term storage and unpacking / deconsolidation. Once all legislative requirements are met, the goods can be released.
What are some typical scenarios where containers may be directed to a bonded facility?
- If it requires an import permit (eg. vehicles)
- Personal effects have a higher radar and can be subject to be directed
- If duty hasn’t haven’t been paid
- If the packing list / import documentation looks suspect
- If there are weapons / taxidermy animals / alcohol / cigarettes
- If there has been a ‘tip off’ for narcotics / explosives
- If there are multiple consignors to multiple consignees (FAK unpack)
- If an undisclosed item appears when an X-Ray on the container is performed