Handling Heavy Equipment
A current job we have on the go is as it follows:
- Handle in 3 x 28 tonne conveyor belts & lift off with our onsite crane.
- Load the conveyor belts onto 20ft flat racks.
- Restrain the load by using timber dunnage and chains.
(Maritime safety regulations state that lashings should be 3 times the weight of the cargo e.g. a 10.0mt cargo load requires 30.0mt securing strength of lashing.)
- Store the units until receivals open at the Port of Brisbane.
- Deliver the OOG 20ft flat racks to the required terminal at the POB wharf when required.
Picture 1: 3 x 28 tonne conveyor belts arrive in SEQH after their journey from Perth.
Pictures 2 & 3: Using our onsite crane, load the units onto the 20ft flat rack(s) and restrain the load.
Should you have any further questions regarding the import, export, handling or storageof OOG articles/equipment, please contact me further.